Friday, June 10, 2011

Talking to Strangers and Making a Video on The Oval, OSU, June 9, 2011

My goal was to talk with strangers and ask them, one by one, a question. I did not intend to be intrusive, journalist-types never do, do they? Do they just believe that they have permission to ask anyone just about anything in the name of news?

But it was intrusive, a fact I felt more acutely as the hour went by while I carried out my mission. Several perfect strangers kindly consented to take time to talk with me. I explained that I was taking a workshop at the Wexner Center for the Arts on creating a blog, and my assignment was to ask a question: What is the worst advice you have ever received? Three of those who agreed to answer the question and allow me to videotape their answer became the subjects of my short video: "Asking Questions: Considering Worst Advice."


Untitled from Darlyn Campbell on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment